Your Privacy using Xtra-vision Xpress website and vending machines
Xtra-vision Vending Limited ("Us", "We" or "Our") (trading as Xtra-vision Xpress), is committed to protecting Our users' privacy on xvxpress.ie and Xpress Vending Machines. We offer this statement to inform Our users of how we define, gather and use personally identifiable information ("Personal Information"), which they submit to Us via this Site and our vending machines. We will take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information submitted by users in such a way as is consistent with this Privacy Statement and in accordance with all applicable data protection and privacy law. The Personal Information that We collect from users can include the following: a person's full name, address, telephone number, date of birth and/ or email address.
If you do not wish Us to process your Personal Information for the reasons and in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement, please do not use this Site or any of our vending machines.
Our collection of personally identifiable information
We gather information on our users in two different ways:
- You supply it in response to a request from Us.
- Cookie technology.
- We collect Personal Information voluntarily submitted by its users as part of the registration process for its services. You may also be asked to disclose Personal Information at other times, for example, in relation to your participation in any competitions.
Our use of personally identifiable information
We may use Personal Information collected online or submitted at a vending machine in the following ways:
- to develop and improve the products, benefits and services We or carefully selected business partners offer to Our registered users and other users of the Site;
- to enable users to become registered users of the Site and to interact with online products and services;
- for processing customer orders;
- for Site administration and development (for example to analyse usage trends and to make improvements to the Site in accordance with such usage trends);
- to contact you by post and email, or by SMS, to inform you about any of Our products and services (including those of selected business partners) that We think may be of interest. We will not do this without having your prior permission. If at any time you subsequently wish to discontinue receiving post or emails about Our products and services please indicate this by checking the relevant checkboxes within the My Account section of the Site. If you no longer wish to receive promotional communications by SMS, you will be given the option to opt out. From time to time we may also wish to contact you by telephone. In the event that we do so we shall always respect any request you make to decline such telephone marketing in the future;
- to contact you, where you have authorised Us to do so, when you have won a competition on the Site or to provide you with a email newsletter; and in assessing your request for goods or services for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud. One of the purposes for which We may disclose your address and postcode details is to check them against the IMRG Security Alert or any other fraud prevention scheme.
- Please note that if you are or become an Xtra-vision store member, your marketing preferences indicated through your store membership may not match the marketing preferences that you have indicated through this website. However, We will take steps to correct as promptly as reasonably possible any inconsistencies in this regard that you bring to Our attention.
We may also, in the event that We undergo a re-organisation of Our corporate group or sell any part of the Site, transfer your Personal Information to the new owner of the Site if you are a registered user of the services on the Site.
Updating your Personal Information
If at any time you believe your registered details to be incorrect, you can update them by clicking into the My Account section of the Site or email us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of personally identifiable information
Except as set out in this Privacy Statement, We will not sell, rent or disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your prior permission. You agree that We may without your prior permission disclose such information to other hmv & Xtra-vision Group companies, Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners where necessary in order to operate this Site and/or to provide you with services that you have requested.
You agree that We may without your prior permission disclose your Personal Information to other hmv & Xtra-vision Group companies, Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners where necessary in order to operate this Site and/or to provide you with services that you have requested. We may transfer your Personal Information to other hmv & Xtra-vision Group companies, or to Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners located outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). You should be aware that some of these countries might have data protection laws that are equivalent to the Data Protection Act 1998 (which regulates the use of personal data by companies and other business in the UK) but that some may not. You hereby consent to Our transferring your Personal Information to other hmv & Xtra-vision Group companies, Our suppliers, sub-contractors and business partners located outside the EEA in connection with your use of this Site.
Personal Information may also be disclosed to third party organisations without your prior permission where there is a legal obligation on Us to do so. For example, if you buy a TV from Us, we may be obliged to provide your details to the relevant television licensing authority if you are ordering from the UK.
Your personal information and payment card details will be processed by Credit Call and/or PayPal for the purposes set out in this section of our Privacy Statement.
For the purposes of dealing with payment transactions and to protect against fraud your information will be processed on our behalf by Credit Call and / or PayPal This means that your credit/debit card details are shared with Credit Call and / or PayPal and may be stored by Credit Call and / or Paypal outside of the EEA. Credit Call and PayPal encrypt your credit/debit card information and use a secure server to process your personal information and payment card details.
We may carry out fraud and security checks with Credit Call and other organisations involved in fraud prevention. If we or they suspect or identify fraud we and/or they may record this and may also pass this information to other organisations for the purpose of fraud prevention. We, Credit Call and these other organisations may use this information for fraud prevention purposes in the future.
Credit Call and PayPal have been certified as being compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). To date, these are the most stringent security requirements in the industry concerning how payment card data is secured, technologically as well as from a process standpoint.
Data Protection Act 1998
We comply with the Data Protection Act of 1998 (the "Act") and with all other applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
Security of Your Information
We take the security of your Personal Information seriously and take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of it. Our agents, suppliers, subcontractors and business partners who have access to your Personal Information are also required to keep that information confidential and secure and are not permitted to use it for any other purpose other than to carry out the provision of services which they are providing to Us or otherwise as set out in this Privacy Statement.
We have a secure server that uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect your Personal Information.
If you have any questions concerning Our Privacy Statement, you can contact the Service Team by:
Post: Xtra-vision Xpress Service Team, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Republic of Ireland
Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to modify or update this Privacy Statement at any time. Any amendments will be published on the Site. Users are therefore encouraged to review this Privacy Statement from time to time. If you continue to use this Site after any such amended version of this Privacy Statement has been published you will be deemed to have consented to the amendments. If you do not agree to the amendments, please do not continue to use this Site.